Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Secret Isn't A Secret If Everyone Knows

Hello my friends. Some of you by now may have heard, so it's time for a public announcement.

Saturday, August 29th with be my last day as Lead Manager of Mead's Corner.

Over this last year I have loved working for and with First United Methodist Church and their extreme vision of opening a community based and friendly coffee shop in the heart of downtown. Mead's Corner has become a very special place for me. I look inside and out and see countless hours of hard work and dedication to a cause that, in my opinion, is unique, amazing, and awe inspiring. I have loved my time here, the people I have worked with, the equipment that I've fixed (snicker), and the walls that I have painted. But God really gets the glory for this special little coffeeshop. He's opened doors for it to be a reality.

Starting September 1, I will be the Church Administrator for Andover United Methodist Church. This is a position that I am very excited about! I will be tasked with supervising the church staff, programming, coordinating events, and serving the pastoral staff there. It is a position full of detailed management, servant work, and ministry (things that pull my heart strings!). This position will also allow me to care for my family, and give me more time to be at home. Don't worry! I'll still be a faithful tweep! Just in a different capacity!

As for the transition from Mead's? It is peaceful and full of love. I have no ill will toward FUMC and Mead's. This transition has been perfect in timing and smooth. I will allow FUMC to discuss my replacement at their timing. I have great respect and admiration for Mead's. I want to encourage all of you (spiritual or not) to support Mead's. Their vision for change in our community and world is sound... I know I'll be spending plenty of time there... just as a private customer instead of as an employee.

Thanks for the opportunity to serve all of you as a Barista and a friend. It'll be exciting to serve you all purely as a friend now.

~matt

No comments:

Post a Comment